Respiratory Care Intern I Rotating Shift Contingent
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Mental Health/Social Services
Internal Number: 2105035977
Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMCâ��s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Graceâ��s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Under the general supervision of the department manager or other Licensed Respiratory Therapist, assists in the administration of prescribed doses of medical gases and the set-up and administration of therapeutic treatment and aerosolized drugs to patients. Uses oxygen mixtures in conjunction with therapeutic respiratory therapy equipment. Performs patient care rounds per policy. Provides and monitors routine oxygen therapy, non-critical patient transports and patient education, as needed. Operates, calibrates, processes and maintains respiratory equipment. Provides airway management and CPR.
1. Actively enrolled in, and in good standing with, an AMA/CoARC approved Respiratory Care Program. Successful completion of one semester of the AMA/CoARC approved Respiratory Care Program.
2. Letter of recommendation from clinical/program director(s) confirming passing status in all program courses.
3. High school diploma/GED.
4. BLS Certification required.
1. Analytical ability to gather patient care data as it pertains to respiratory care.
2. Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with patients and all levels of hospital staff, explaining procedures and eliciting cooperation. Diplomacy, tact and listening skills are required.
3. Observational skills necessary to monitor changes in patientâ��s condition and emergency situations.
4. The ability to read and comprehend procedures and technical literature in Respiratory Care is necessary.
5. Ability to operate/troubleshoot all non- critical respiratory care equipment.
6. Knowledge of regulatory standards associated with the field of Respiratory Care in the hospital (e.g., OSHA, MIOSHA, CAP, JCAHO, NFPA, ATS, CLIA, etc.).
Job: Respiratory Therapy
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Rotate
Shift Begin: 7:00 AMShift End: 11:30 AM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.